en•plane |en'plån| (also EM•PLANE)
verb
go or put on board an aircraft.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Hello world.

The name for this blog is one which I chose at random. "Enplane" is just a short word. It is just a word heretofore unclaimed within the blogspot DNS. It is also a word which people seldom use. While the correlation between these facts might not be interesting, I think that the word's under-use *is* interesting. People do not "enplane" their luggage, they "check" it. People do not "enplane" as often as they "board" an aircraft. With all of the media attention that airlines receive these days, this oversight seems peculiar.

As far as this blog's raison d'être, it's basically just a place for me to put stuff. It has nothing to do with airplanes. Mostly, it's a place for me to collect notes on the applications I use. When I learn something new about Zbrush, Cinema 4D, Modo, or Final Cut, I'll post it here. But it's also likely that I'll post vacation photos and the usual blog fare here as well.

No comments: